Click below for detailed information about your charge:
- Recklessly Causing Injury
- Intentionally Causing Injury
- Recklessly Causing Serious Injury
- Intentionally Causing Serious Injury
- Family Violence
- Breach of a Family Violence Protection Order
- Threat to kill or Inflict Serious Injury
Violent offences are treated very seriously by the Courts, particularly when they involve injury to a person. The worse the injury, the greater the chance a term of imprisonment will be ordered.
The surrounding circumstances of the case and your life may help reduce your penalty, or provide a defence such as self-defence. If you dispute facts alleged by the Police, such as how a fight started or if you were just defending yourself, then getting legal advice is critical.